The Fattoria di Sammontana with the adjacent Romanesque church of the 12th century , originally a property of the Medici family, Grand Dukes of Tuscany , was donated by them to the religious canons of the church of San Lorenzo in Florence. The monks used this property as a place of rest and retirement, but they also built a large underground cellar and nearby constructed a grand furnace with overlapping arches for the production of pottery and terracotta. In 1867, the main building along with the church, furnace and entire farm was bought by Michele Dzieduszycki, a Polish nobleman whom loved spending his vacations in Tuscany. His son, Maurizio, specialized in art and Renaissance literature, married an Italian woman and thus came to reside permanently in Tuscany. But it is Maurizio’s son, Massimo, to whom we owe credit for first directing the farm to excellence in quality wine and oil production. Today, the family – now in its fourth generation – runs the farm according to organic and biodynamic criteria, with the intent to fully preserve and sustain the traditions and winemaking secrets of this land.
Organic, biodynamic, vegan/veggie, low sulphur, unfined and unflitered.