– Dry farmed and meticulously crafted, this wine’s quality doesn’t come just from the grapes but from the ancient soils on which the vines are planted.
– An energetic blend of Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah, Vermentino and Mourvèdre, the grapes are harvested to capture optimal ripeness and structure.
THE DOMAINE KEY FEATURES
It is often said that beautiful wines come from beautiful places and La Mascaronne is no exception. – Located in Le Luc en Provence, the property is a rare, preserved site of exceptional beauty.
– The vineyards are at a altitude of 300m, with a micro-climate that provides cooler nights.
– The 60 ha of clay-limestone soils are one single, continuous ring-shaped plot of land – this orientation provides natural ventilation.
– A Mediterranean climate provides ideal conditions for grape growing – sunshine, rain and temperature coalesce to impressive effect.
Marked by a dry and hot summer, the 2020 vintage saw the deeply rooted vines resist to these conditions and give the berries remarkable concentration. Aromas of white peach, hawthorn flowers and citrus notes make for a beautifully refined nose, coupled with some serious structure and a long, delicate and fresh finish. The lightest of pink hues, this is Provence at its very finest.