Mackmyra Björksav (birch sap) is a Swedish single malt whisky inspired by the long-awaited return of spring. By including casks that were seasoned with Swedish birch sap wine, we have created a floral whisky with a fresh spiciness and sweet notes of vanilla fudge. Björksav is a collaboration with our friends at Grythyttan wine.
• Whisky aged in ex-Bourbon casks makes up about 30% of the total recipe.
• Whisky aged in oloroso casks makes up about 24% of the total recipe
• Whisky finished in birch sap wine seasoned casks makes up about 20% of the total recipe.
• Whisky aged in other types of seasoned casks makes up about 18% of the recipe.
• Whisky aged in casks of Swedish oak makes up about 8% of the recipe.
NOSE Floral and fruity with a light spiciness, vanilla fudge, sandalwood, cedar and toasted bread. Floral and slightly waxy notes of birch sap wine. Round and fruity notes of cherry, raisins, apple, pear and lemon.
TASTE A fresh and fruity spiciness with light minerals and herbs together with vanilla fudge, raisins, apple, ripe pears and lemon. Light spices of vanilla, toasted oak, floral honey, sandalwood, cedar, anise, white pepper and ginger. Round oak and vanilla spices together with a slightly oily texture.
AFTERTASTE Light, spicy notes in harmony with toasted oak and dried fruits.