Made at the Volpi family estate in Tortona, Piemonte from Cortese vines planted in the central hilltops of the Gavi di Gavi district. This lemony dry wine has a perfumed mineral character, with aromas of peach and flowers, lingering hints of vanilla and soft-textured dry finish.
Cantine Volpi was founded in Tortona in 1914. From then on, for four generations, it has been protagonist in a continuous evolution which has resulted in it being a reference point in the oenological sector in Piedmont, an authentic expression of the territory of the surrounding Tortonese hills.
In the 1990s it was one of the first wineries to embrace the choice of organic in significant numbers, which today represents 70% of production.
The territory of Tortona is at the centre of a group of hills, always considered a strategic meeting point. In the last north-eastern stretch of land in the province of Alessandria, between Lombardy, Emilia Romagna and Liguria, it has always been an important junction for both roads and people. Tortona lies at the centre of this geographical area.
It is a particularly fertile area and so eminently suited to the cultivation of vines. There is evidence of wine producing here in the finding of wine amphoras dating back to the ancient Romans and in medieval times, from the presence of a grape press dating back to 1198, discovered in the monastery of the Sisters of St. Euphemia.